NPR Story on Library Services to Spanish Speakers

NPR's Tell Me More recently did a story with Reformista Loida Garcia-Febo on library services to Spanish-speakers.  It is definitely worth a visit to read or listen to the story.  One of the things that I noticed is that the host mentions some libraries assisting Spanish-speaking parents with the completion of back-to-school paperwork.  This is something I did every year in my work at the Village Branch library. I know my colleagues there continue to do this not only with annual back-to-school papers, but with all kinds of forms and other types of cultural brokerage that immigrants adjusting to life in a new community need help with.  It was really great to see this issue discussed on a national level, outside of library press.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/26/161815911/librarians-reach-out-to-spanish-speakers
LihatTutupKomentar